September 30, Taste of Taiko Workshop, Ages: 8-110
Play taiko for a day! Saturday, September 30th 10 am- 12 pm
*Learn basics of how to hit the drum and play a simple song!
*2 hrs of solid fun!
Or sign up for the Taiko “Full Meal Deal” Workshop starting Saturday, October 14th 10am-12pm and ending Saturday, Dec 16th
*16 hrs of taiko-taiko-taiko! Will meet Oct 14, 21, Nov 4, 11, 25, Dec 2, 9, 16
*Learn more basic technique, rhythms and play a song!
To reserve your spot for either workshop or answer any questions, please contact Donna Zumoto at email@example.com.
We’d like to see you there!
On Sunday, June 25th, over 120 temple members expressed their support and Pride in the temple’s commitment to inclusivity in sharing Amida Buddha’s boundless wisdom and compassion, treating all with respect and dignity by marching in the Seattle Pride Parade.
Earlier this year both resident and guest ministers have delivered Sunday Dharma Talks about inclusivity and not being judgmental being core Buddhist teachings. This fall the temple is proud to announce that we will co-host with the Center for Buddhist Education a seminar at our temple on the LGBTQ+ Community and Shin Buddhism. More information will be posted shortly.
FRED MEYER REWARDS PROGRAM
For those who have signed up for Fred Meyer Rewards Card to benefit the Seattle Buddhist Temple, please look for an email from the Fred Meyer Community Rewards Program and re-enroll in the program. The re-enrollment program runs from June 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016. If you don’t re-enroll, you will be dropped as of July 1, 2016 and a percentage of your qualified purchases will not be donated to the Temple. You don’t even have to wait for the e-mail; go to the Fred Meyer website to renew now.
Currently we have 16 households signed up for the program, which does not cost anything to the purchaser. This is a program to benefit non-profits in areas Fred Meyer serves. Fred Meyer has given approximately $2.6M in donations to qualified non-profits. The Temple has been a participant since mid-2014 and increasing the number of households who participate would increase the donations to the Temple each quarter.
If you don’t have a rewards card, you may sign-up for one at the Customer Service desk at any Fred Meyer store and you should be able to link your new rewards card to benefit the Temple.
1. Open up a Bartell Drugs Community Caring Card and present the card at check-out. Qualifying purchases earn up to 4% as a donation from Bartell to the Temple. There is no additional cost to you, as the donation is part of their community benefit plan.
Simply pick up a registration form that includes our group name and number (forms in temple foyer), complete the registration form and bring to any Bartell Drug store. If you pick up an in-store registration form include our group name, Seattle Buddhist Church and group # 163944317. You will be given a B’Caring Card that will need to be registered by phone (800) 931-6258 or the web, eScrip.com/BCaringCard.
Please keep in mind that qualified purchases do NOT include: pharmacy prescriptions, alcohol, tobacco, postage stamps, lottery tickets, transportation passes, gift or phone cards.
2. Sign-up for a Fred Meyer Rewards Card and/or if you already have a Fred Meyer Rewards card, link the card to the Seattle Betsuin (ID# 85804). You can do this by following this link: Fred Meyer Community Rewards. You will still earn your Rewards points, fuel points, and rebates, but the added benefit is that Fred Meyer provides a donation as part of their community program to benefit non-profit organizations.
3. Another way to donate to the Temple is to take advantage of Amazon Shop Now, which has a benefit program for non-profit organizations.
4. (New!) You’re ONE CLICK away from supporting Seattle Buddhist Church! The online shopping you do is the ticket. It’s easy! No cards to register and it can mean hundreds of dollars to us. Click this link: eScript Shopping and donate to the Temple!
5. Another opportunity is available as a mobile app. People need to sit through a short webinar but the Betsuin can earn funds from anyone who purchase electronic gift cards that show up on their smart phones. They then use the amount showing on the smart phones to pay for goods at the particular store. More information here.
a. Link to donation form.